Saturday, March 26, 2011

Last Day

Yo yo yo!

We're in the airport right now, hanging out until our flight starts boarding. It's exciting to be going back home - we're all looking forward to SLEEP - but it's also really sad. We said our goodbyes to Benny and Janice and the kids, Stephen and DK, as well as the rest of the Newsong NEO team. I'm (Mallory) going to miss them all so much but, who knows, maybe I'll go back someday! haha This certainly isn't going to be goodbye forever.

I don't think it's really hit me yet that we're leaving Mexico City. Spending a week in the city and being immersed in its culture (i.e. trying to communicate effectively in Spanish...key word: trying) is going to make it a little strange to go back to the US...and it's only been a week! I think I've said this before but my Spanish improved from none at all to limited. For example: shopping at an artist's marketplace, I bartered with a lady in Spanish and it was a success! It's such a little thing but I'm extremely proud of myself.

I'm going to miss Cafe el Jarocha (the BEST hot chocolate ever), the churro stand, Pedro's al pastor tacos, Taco Express, Cafe Neo. I'm going to miss the uneven sidewalks that trip me and mess me up. I'm going to miss all the people we were able to interact with and talk to and get to know.

I'm running out of time on the free internet so I'll be going now. More to come.

(Oh yes, please keep praying for Yohan's safe return. His green card didn't arrive. There's no plan B but we're confident that God will take care of everything. Your prayers will definitely help too.)

See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment